17 Things We Learned in 2017!
I thought this would be fun and also inspiring to do this! I can’t believe it is almost 2018! What the heck! This year flew by, and was a world wind at that! So many lessons learned. It was a bit difficult to narrow it down into 17 single ideas, but this is just a little snapshot into our year! I say “our” because my sweet husband help me compile this list! It took a little persuasion, but nonetheless he helped lol. Our year wedding anniversary is also coming up in January, and I literally feel like our wedding was yesterday! Now that’s a day I’ll never forget! It was a blast! I often ask my husband can we do it again, and he’s like, “uhhh no” lol. A girl can dream!
This list is not based on things we’ve learned in our marriage solely, although some of them do correlate. This list is about life in general. I can absolutely do one for our first year of marriage if that is something you all are interested in. Until then, let’s get into what we learned in 2017!
What I learned:
- I’m the BEST and ONLY me, so own it
- People’s experiences shape their opinions, good or bad. So be careful who you share your dreams with.
- Having patience and waiting on God is HARRDDD, but it will 100% build your character and your faith.
- I really enjoy cooking.
- Health is the true wealth.
- Communication is key in ALL relationships. Business and personal.
- The joy of the Lord is my strength, which makes me stronger than I think.
- Jesus LEGIT loves me, and is aware of me. He has my back!
- Can we say H U M I L I T Y! JESUS! I have been brought down to ground zero this year. I needed it.
- I can be my worst critic, and I’m still working on that.
What he learned:
- The fruits of the spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!”
- Pick and choose your battles.
- Never forget the game plan, and why you’re doing it.
- Helping others is why we’re all here. We all have a destiny to help each other fulfill.
- Never forget your support system. It’s hard to take down a Goliath with no support system.
- Hard work gets the job done. Dedication is key.
- Move in YOUR OWN grace.
There you have it! 17 things we’ve learned in 2017! I truly believe what my Apostle told us. He said, “2017 was the year of the setup, and 2018 is the year of God bringing what he set up to past”! I keep hearing “the year of establishment!” God is going to establish some things this year and I’m eagerly looking forward to it! God bless you all! What are some things you learned? We would love to read them in the comments! Also, I’m partially back on social media now so share this post if you like! Thanks for supporting the previous series, “The Unplugged Series!” If you haven’t checked that out, here’s a link to the first post of a four part series.
From our family to yours!
The Dunn Family ❤